Saturday, May 9, 2015

Fashion and good taste

 Fashion ?



How times have changed. Not that many years ago a young lady would have been mortified if she was asked to wear torn jeans. Now they're paying hundreds, and in Amal's and LeAnn's case's, perhaps thousands of dollars because it's considered fashionable. I'm not sure I could be convinced that anyone, male or female is intelligent, or even mentally stable if they subscribe to this nonsense. Then again, when I see the type of people we elect into office to be our representatives I guess nothing should surprise me anymore.



Just when you think it couldn't get worse I offer this.  Back in the 70's I regularly had lunch at Tracton's on La Cienega near Rodeo. Tony Bennett used to partake of lunch there with Nancy Wilson while they were working together at a nearby movie studio. They were always tastefully attired and to this day he maintains that standard. He has made a career of performing not just solo but with a long list of other celebrities. Very recently I came across this photo and I was somewhat astonished. He and Lady Ga Ga did an event together and here she is leading him into the venue. He has a somewhat sheepish look on his face but as far as I know he went ahead with the commitment. I'm no prude, and I love the beauty of the female form but not like this.


                                                                              ***

No comments: