Wednesday, November 26, 2014

The Masked Ball



Note: I did not write this but it was in a folder of newspaper cuttings in my files without authorship.  I thought it was worth exposure.

The Masked Ball

A couple was invited to a swanky masked ball.

She got a terrible headache and told her husband to go to the party alone.

He, being a devoted husband, protested, but she argued and said she was going to take an aspirin and go to bed, and there was no need of his good time being spoiled by not going. So he took his costume and went.

The wife, after sleeping soundly for an hour, awakened and surprisingly was pain free, and as it was still early she decided to go to the ball. Inasmuch as her husband didn't know what her costume was, she thought she would have some fun with him by watching to see how he acted when she was not with him.

She joined the party and soon spotted her husband cavorting on the dance floor with every woman he could and copping  a kiss here and there. His wife seductively sidled up to him and he left his current partner high and dry to take advantage of this new stuff that had just arrived. She let him have his way with her; naturally, since he was her husband.

Finally, because this partner was very amenable to his actions he whispered a proposition into her ear and she agreed. Out in the parking lot they got into one of the cars and had a lot of unbridled fun.

Just before unmasking at midnight she slipped away, went home and climbed into bed, wondering what kind of explanation he would make for his behavior. She was sitting up reading when he came in and she asked what kind of a time he had.

"Oh, the same old thing. You know I don't enjoy myself when you're not with me."

The she asked, "Did you dance much?"

He replied, "I'll tell you, I never even danced once. When I got there I met Pete, Bill Brown, and some of the other guys, so we went into the den and played poker all evening. But you're not going to believe what happened to the guy I loaned my costume to...
XXX

No comments: